- Optical performance: made of different raw glass sheet and
thickness, the optical performance is different. Its range is:
transmittance of solar spectrum 20-50%, transmittance of visible
light 10-80%. Reflection of heat radiation 25-80%.
- Heat insulation: it is affected by the factors of raw glass sheet,
thickness, air space thickness. The heat exchange ratio can reach
1.6W/M2K that is only1/2 compared to normal glass in case of low-e
glass used as raw glass. For heat insulation, it would become
higher along with more thickness of air space within certain range.
- Sound insulation: general can reach 29-32dB.
- Resistance to frosting: in general case, frosting temperature on
the surface of insulating glass inside room is about 15℃lower than
- Dew point: it is below -40℃
- Increasing area utilization for buildings: can reduce “unused area”
near windows, so that can increase utilized area 2-4㎡.
Mainly used in high-grade architecture curtain wall, windows for
locomotive and as special material for sound and thermal
Executed standards for insulating glass:
Insulating glass: GB11944-2002《Sealed insulating glass》
Low emissivity insulating glass: GB11944-2002《Sealed insulating